Thursday, June 14, 2007

The widndows world welcomes Safari... but web builders might not

…look! Its not that I am unhappy that safari is now available for windows, but I think we are overlooking something here:

Sadly web standards are not adhered to in the same worldwide manner. For instance safari can work very well with the Citibank website (and even that is not certain; see www.sprintpcs.com) but will it work well with a bank, say in Israel. The answer in a resounding no! Many companies worldwide are building solely for IE and IE6 for that matter. So any other browser you work with including Firefox will simply not work.

So it’s all good and well, wanting the share the happiness we all feel using Safari, but if I can’t check the balance in my bank account, well what good does it do for me that it’s pretty.

Del.icio.us Digg

No comments: