Monday, June 11, 2007

I'll know it when I see it

"I’ll know it when I see it!"

That is what the client said to me, yes you’ve heard right: I’ll know it when I see it. I waned to scream, literally stand up grab him by the shoulders, shake him up and explain to him in no uncertain terms that he is the biggest idiot I have ever meat. BUT I DID NOT.

Nevertheless, what is this “I’ll know it when I see it” business what happened to a creative brief some guidelines, something, anything. I guess when you are salaried it can work like that, but still it’s maddening.

On the other hand unlimited exploration is very clearly a great thing, but I don’t thing it overshadows the frustration of not knowing where you are going, and if you’ll ever get there.

So, have you ever heard that? And what did you say in response?

No comments: