Monday, December 04, 2006

And in the beginning

Sitting at the intersection of design (graphic) and commerce, I find myself wondering (out load) about where is this all going. In a time when graphic design in merging rapidly with advertising (my first love), amidst news that advertising is really dead, I begin this blog wondering (again) where is this all going to.

What are they going to be teaching in design schools in a decade and what would the needs of the industry be. Are you going to have to be an Art Director + Graphics Production Artist + Code Engineer + moviemaker to make it as a design professional?
Or is there another version I have not considered. I think it is safe to say that the answer to these questions is yet unknown, but some hints will; I am sure come up as we continue.

Welcome! Hope you can visit again

No comments: