Saturday, June 02, 2007

And then there were two...

This week saw Steve and Bill, Bill and Steve, sitting on the same stage (at Washington Posts' D5... Link above). As I write these lines the entire session is posted to the website and I have been watching this and musing...

Isn't if funny, that most of these "worriors" age, and stop fighting, as they see that there ways are not that different.

I grew up (in my computer experience) in the age when you were supposed to hate Microsoft, as an Apple user, I even felt that we lost the battle when in '97 Steve and Bill make up, but it seems I was worng. Apple has done remakbly well since those days in '97 and I think many of us are realizing that we can all "live together" (Rodney King).

Even more importantnly, I think many of us have realized that YES! you can live as an island of Mac in a PC world, and still work, play and communicate with the outside in many languages, ...BTW not just in English.

But what this mostly, got me thinking about is the fact that (and Jobs said that) it's about the software. I was telling anyone who wanted to hear back then (about 5 people) that Apple should get out of the Hardware business all together, especially the ones where other people can make the hardward for less money. They got out of the printer market (thank god) and they might even do well to kill other less successful hardware markets...

But mostly it was good to see these two "haters" (as some called them), live in peace understanding that (gasp!) THEY BOTH WON THE WAR...

No comments: